Yesterday afternoon, when the temperature was about 34*F, I ran 8 miles. I really try not to be one of those crazy runners, but let me tell you, that was one of the best things I had done all week.
Why running is fun and awesome:
1) I feel amazing after a good workout. Like take-on-the-world, superhero, nothing-can-stop-me amazing.
2) Running is the simplest form of exercise. All you need are a pair of shoes, socks, and weather appropriate clothes. Compared to cycling, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, etc., it’s so easy.
3) The world is a beautiful place, and I appreciate it so much more when I’m on my own two feet. Iced over brooks, crunchy leaves, ducks in the pond, sparrows darting through the trees. Gorgeous.
4) It’s fun to see other people (and dogs!) out and about.
5) I am training for a half-marathon in February, and I need to stay on top of my training program.
What did you guys to this weekend to re-charge and re-create?
Because of the holiday this week, I’m going to abridge my normal schedule. I will post today, put up Links I Love tomorrow, post on Wednesday, and Show & Tell on Thursday. I will post again on Monday, December 27.