Spring is here! Isn’t is wonderful? Last weekend I dug out my spring/summer clothes that I had put away last fall. They are like old friends. I missed you, lovely skirts and dresses!
On Wednesday, I decided to wear something to celebrate spring. I used a few of my basic pieces (black sheath dress & green cardigan), but I thought it looked boring and not spring-y enough. So I pulled out this awesome Vera Neumann scarf. Check it out.
Look how good my nails and camera look!
I received so many compliments on my scarf! It was great. I think it was just different enough that people noticed it. So if you’re looking to try something new, the head scarf is definitely in for spring.
(I want to figure out how to do a turban too. I might check out some YouTube tutorials this weekend. I will post pictures if I find any that I like!)
The other great thing about this outfit is that everything was either second-hand and/or cheap. You don’t have to drop a lot of money to look good! The scarf and cardigan (and camera!) I bought second-hand. The earrings are from Etsy. The necklace was a gift (Debbie has one too!). I bought this dress at JC Penney three years ago for maybe $15; my cost-per-wear at this point is pennies.
So my challenge for you this weekend is to play dress up in your closet. See what you already have that you can wear in a new way!
Are you doing anything new for spring fashion-wise? I would love to hear ideas for other minimalist trends!
For some reason, I haven’t felt very creative at all the past two weeks or so. I was in a bad rut of work, go home, eat, watch tv. Hmmm….
I’m not sure all of the reasons, but I’m feeling so much better now. Here is a random list of five things I think are contributing to my good mood:
1) It finally feels like spring! WITH more daylight! AND flowers blooming!
2) I am getting back to cleaning my house more regularly (following the FlyLady method, which really works for me…when I do it.)
3) Along with have a generally cleaner house, I have temporarily put away all of the creative projects I was working on. It feels great to not have the guilt of unfinished projects staring at me! When I get excited to work on them, I know exactly where they are.
4) I am getting back into my exercise routine. I am especially enjoying running and biking outside, since the weather is so nice.
5) Spending time with people who inspire me. I forget what an extrovert I am, and I really do love to hang out with people who “get” me.
Whenever I feel like I’m in a funk, I find it helps to just strip things back to the basics and re-build. Clean house, exercise, good company. It really is that easy.
What do you do to get out of a funk?
Postscript I am making a version of this quilt for a secret special project. I can’t wait to share it with you!
I had a busy weekend and didn’t have my post ready this morning! But trust me – it was a great weekend.
Here are my links. Enjoy!
1) I can’t stop thinking about this post - mostly because I love cupcakes and biking. I want to bike commute someday.
2) I was able to get out this weekend and do some training for the duathlon. I am training roughly 70% of the total training program, but now that the weather is getting nice, I am looking forward to some quality time on my bike.