For right now, anyway.
For some reason, I haven’t felt very creative at all the past two weeks or so. I was in a bad rut of work, go home, eat, watch tv. Hmmm….
I’m not sure all of the reasons, but I’m feeling so much better now. Here is a random list of five things I think are contributing to my good mood:
1) It finally feels like spring! WITH more daylight! AND flowers blooming!
2) I am getting back to cleaning my house more regularly (following the FlyLady method, which really works for me…when I do it.)
3) Along with have a generally cleaner house, I have temporarily put away all of the creative projects I was working on. It feels great to not have the guilt of unfinished projects staring at me! When I get excited to work on them, I know exactly where they are.
4) I am getting back into my exercise routine. I am especially enjoying running and biking outside, since the weather is so nice.
5) Spending time with people who inspire me. I forget what an extrovert I am, and I really do love to hang out with people who “get” me.
Whenever I feel like I’m in a funk, I find it helps to just strip things back to the basics and re-build. Clean house, exercise, good company. It really is that easy.
What do you do to get out of a funk?
Postscript I am making a version of this quilt for a secret special project. I can’t wait to share it with you!