2) Katy made me laugh out loud. I don’t even have kids, but her description of her cleaning method almost exactly describes my house. Either I’ve been crafting or cleaning. Hardly ever both and then, poorly.
3) I read this awhile ago, but I just read it again recently. It’s so true. People talking about the Stuff that they bought advertises Stuff, for free, for producers. This reminds me of the movie The Joneses, with Demi Moore and David Duchovney, which I highly recommend. (Oops, there’s some free advertising! But it’s really a good movie.)
1) I made these Guinness cupcakes this weekend. With Bailey’s buttercream frosting. Amazing! I made a dreadful mistake – I only made a half batch (which made 14.5 cupcakes, BTW). Next time, I am definitely making a full batch.
I love that this recipes doesn’t have any weird, fancy ingredients. I was able to pull it together with staples from my pantry, except for the Guinness. But the Man picked some up for me after I twisted his arm. (Not true; he was buying Guinness anyway.)
2) I had so much success with those cupcakes on Saturday that I decided to make some more on Sunday. Enter vanilla cupcakes. Also amazing. I think I beat the cake batter too long, so the cupcakes had a heavier consistency, almost like a pound cake. But still delicious. I was able to choke them down. Especially with vanilla buttercream frosting.
This is why I don’t bake very often. Then I eat what I bake. Dangerous.
3) Someday I dream of bike commuting. I want to look as fabulous as this. (Check out the archives on that blog Bike Fancy. Definitely some good-looking cyclists!)
I had a busy weekend and didn’t have my post ready this morning! But trust me – it was a great weekend.
Here are my links. Enjoy!
1) I can’t stop thinking about this post - mostly because I love cupcakes and biking. I want to bike commute someday.
2) I was able to get out this weekend and do some training for the duathlon. I am training roughly 70% of the total training program, but now that the weather is getting nice, I am looking forward to some quality time on my bike.
Here are some “making the world a better place” links for your Monday. Enjoy!
1) I love when people use their passion to help others. Kate at Centsational Girl is using her thrifty design prowess to improve a home for previously homeless women and their children. Amazing! Check out her more eloquent explanation here.
1) I am excited to get my bike out soon. Soon. Hopefully within this month.
Here is an article that identifies how our culture came to fear bikes on roads. It’s an interesting read.
2) Every TED talk I watch online impresses me. I love this latest TED Wish: use art to turn the world inside out. This French street artist JR is doing amazing art all over the world and changing the way we perceive one another.