If there was ever a time for warming up the house with the oven, it’s right now. In a fit of frugality, The Man is trying to avoid turning on the heat until November 1. It’s starting to get chilly!
When I saw this week’s Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop! prompt Favorite Recipe, I figured I would be baking something, if only to warm up the house for a little while.
As it turns out, I had a friend who needed a little cheering up, so I baked that person’s favorite cookie: Snickerdoodles.
And they turned out really well, if I do say so myself!
2 3/4 c flour
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks of butter, room temperature
1 2/3 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Sugar and cinnamon for rolling
1. Whisk together the flour, Cream of Tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat until mixed.
3. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until it forms a ball.
4. Using a 1/2 TBSP measuring spoon, roll the batter into balls. Roll the balls in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 -12 minutes.
Easy peasy! This recipe made a lot of cookies, so I’m going to be bringing the extras to work. My co-workers will be happy with me today!
What is your favorite cookie? Maybe I will bake if for you if you need a pick me up.